South American cuisine is one of my passions. Peruvian restaurants in particular have been trending in London for years now and new places open from time to time. Here is my list of favorites.
1. Lima - Chef Roberto Ortiz runs this delicious restaurant. Having won a Michelin star a few years ago, there's no going wrong at Lima. Everything there tastes amazing including the pisco sour. The ambience is simple but the food is very sophisticated. I recommend the Tuna Nikkei and the Red Mullet ceviche, absolutely delicious. The sister restaurant is called Lima Floral and it's more chilled.
2. Coya - The most fancy of them all, Coya is a member's club too. The decoration is incredible and the food is to die for, try the Arroz Nikkei with Sea Bass. The only problem here is the service which has disappointed me sometimes. It's perfect for lunch too, when they have express lunch menus.
3. Pachamama - Super lively with a DJ in the evening so expect to have a lot of fun.
4. Ceviche - I love the relaxed vibe of Ceviche, it's great for lunch. Order the causas and yuca to start. They do great set menus so it's a a good option for birthday celebrations too. I've only been to the one in Soho but they have opened one in Old Street as well.
5. Chicama - From the same owners of Pachamama, Chicama is the newest of them all. The food here is less traditional and more creative, it's actually seafood Peruvian inspired. My favorite dishes are the aubergine with plantain, the crab salad with green papaya and the tapioca marshmallow. it's an amazing addition to the Peruvian scene in Chelsea.
Lima - 31 Rathbone Place, London W1T 1JH
Coya - 118 Piccadilly, Mayfair, London W1J 7NW
Pachamama - 18 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JY
Ceviche - 17 Frith Street, London W1D 4RG
Chicama - 383 King's Rd, Chelsea, London SW10 0LP
All photos: courtesy from respective websites.
Paula Pinaud is in love with traveling, food, art and fashion. Passionate about Yoga and healthy lifestyle. Born and bread in Rio. Living in London since 2011. Here to share interesting experiences and tips.