Right, so since the birth of my first baby, my husband and I decided to be healthier, to make better choices and to be a bit more conscious when buying groceries or choosing where to go for a meal.
We've researched lots and lots of diets until we found the Paleo Diet.
The Paleo Diet consists on 3 basic principles:
1) High protein intake
2) Low carb and high glycemic index foods
3) High fiber intake
This diet allows you to eat everything that's non-processed and preferably, grain-free foods.
We found it quite easy to follow and it has now become part of our lifestyle.
Here I share a recipe for a wonderful Paleo breakfast fix - Banana Bread with Blueberries.
- 4 ripe bananas (the ones with the dark spots are great for this recipe as they are sweeter)
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp of vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp of honey
- 1/3 cup of melted coconut oil
- 2 1/2 cups of grounded almonds
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon (you can also add some nutmeg if you like it!)
- 1 cup of blueberries
- Start by mashing your bananas with a fork. Add the bananas, eggs, coconut oil, vanilla and honey into a bowl and mix
- Add in the almond flour, baking powder and cinnamon (and nutmeg if you want to!) and mix it all together
- Fold in the blueberries
- Line your bread tin with parchment paper and pour the mixture in
- Bake at 160’C for about 55 minutes, until golden and crispy on top