I am always looking for dessert recipes that are not as 'bad' as the traditional ones sold or made out there.
Having tried several different diets throughtout my existence I can safely say that the Paleo diet (or the 'caveman' diet) is the easiest one to me.
In a nutshell, when you are on Paleo you are allowed to eat non-processed foods which means fruits, veggies, meat (all kinds), eggs, and so on.
My only issue with this diet is my sweet tooth... bwoy, I do love my sweets!
So, just like that, one day I was hunting for a dessert recipe that would also fit into my Paleo diet that I found the Paleo Mom.
Sarah AKA 'The Paleo Mom' has mastered the Paleo diet and has a vast collection of recipes that will certainly help you when creativity levels are low.
My favourite one so far is the Molten Lava Chocolate Cake.
I tried and it works perfectly - check it out:
- 4 oz. 70% dark chocolate (I use this Lindt here)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp Sugar (I use Demerara Sugar as it's less aggressive on the body)
- 1 tsp Coconut Flour
- 2 tsp Cacao Powder
- 2 eggs
- 4 Tbsp extra virgin coconut oil (plus a little more for greasing the ramekins)
STEP BY STEP
- Preheat oven to 375F. Grease four 6oz ramekins with coconut oil.
- In a 4 cup measuring cup or medium microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate and coconut oil in the microwave on low power. Stir until smooth and let cool.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs, vanilla, salt and sugar with a hand mixer until light and frothy, about five minutes (this can seem like an eternity with a hand mixer, but hang in there because it’s worth it!)
- Pour egg mixture over chocolate. Sift cocoa and coconut flour over the top then gently fold all the ingredients together.
- Pour batter into prepared ramekins (they should be filled to within ½” of the top). Place the ramekins on a baking sheet and place in the oven (you can chill the ramekins for a few hours if you want to make them ahead of time, just make sure you bring them back to room temperature before baking).
- Bake for 11-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately!
My very own version of this cake ..